2 Dec Martin Siler was awarded a CSSF Award 2012 for Young Scientists for his talk presented at the Czech-Polish-Slovak Conference
5 Oct Prof. Daniel Ou-Yang from Lehigh University in Betlehem (USA) visited our group and gave a talk "Optical bottle: statistical analysis of nanoparticles in optical confinement"
1 Sep Jan Kanka joined our group as a PhD student
31 Jun Diploma work of Jan Kanka entitled "Controlling and evaluation of laser micromanipulation experiments" was awarded by the Price of the Dean of Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication at Brno University of Technology
28 Jun Dr. Ricardo Mendez-Fragoso from Instituto de Fisica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico visited our group and gave a talk "Some connections between the rotations of asymmetric molecules, confined quantum systems and Bose-Einstein condensation"
25 May – 29 Jun Mario Villasante Barahona from Instituto de Fisica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico stayed with us
12 Jan Tom Cizmar visited our group and gave a talk "Photonics in disordered environment"
31 Dec J. Trojek left our group
26 Aug Talk of Prof. Alper Kiraz, Dept. of Physics, Koc University, Turkey
1. July Alejandro Vasquez Arzola joined our group
1 Oct Jan Kanka joined our group
1 Sep Silvie Bernatova joined our group
1. - 5. Aug this year's conference on Optical Trapping & Optical Micromanipulation (OTOM) is traditionally held in San Diego(CA) as a part of the annual meeting of SPIE Optics&Photonics, it is the largest conference in the field
15. July Alexander Jonas left group for some time to work in Istanbul, Turkey
1. April Lukas Chvatal Joined our group
20. Nov Centre of Modern Optics meeting held at Palacky University, Olomouc. Programme (in czech)
14. Oct Martin Siler successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis. Congratulations
3. Sept Vitezslav Karasek successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis. Congratulations
24.-27. Aug Professor Karen Volke-Sepulveda (Instituto de Fisica Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico) visited us and gave a talk "Topological and dynamical properties of wave fields and applications"
17. Aug Dr. Ota Samek joined our group
3. Aug Zdenek Pilat joined our group
19. Jun Dr. Pavel Tomancak (The Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics) visited our group and gave a talk "As-rigid-as-possible registration of large serial section Transmission Electron Microscopy mosaics"
20. May - 20. Jul Alejandro Arzola visited our group and worked on optical manipulation with microparticles in complex interference fields. He also gave a talk with title: "Force mapping of an extended optical potential"
7.-9. Oct Dr. Romain Quidant (from ICFO Barcelona) visited our group and presented the activities of his group in a talk entitled: "Plasmon optics: controlling light-matter interaction down to the subwavelength scale"
29. Aug Professor Kishan Dholakia visited our labs and gave a talk: Optical trapping and related activities at the University of St. Andrews
17.-30. Mar Kostas Iliopoulos from University of Patras (Greece) worked in our labs within the short-term scientific mission organized by the COST Action No. MP0604
20071. Sep – Jan Trojek joined our group
1. Aug – Tom Cizmar left to Prof. K. Dholakia's group
1. Aug – Oto Brzobohaty joined our group
1. Apr NEW WEBPAGES RUN ! NEW WEBPAGES RUN !
10.-25. Mar Dr. Veneranda Graces-Chavez from the University of St. Andrews visited us to perform joint experiments. She gave a talk "Studies in biophotonics platform"
30.-31. Jan Dr. Kristian Helmerson from NIST Gaithesburg visited us and gave a talk "Optical manipulation of nano-containers and nanotubes for biotechnology"
22. Oct - 4. Nov Dr. Peter Reece from the University of St. Andrews spent two weeks in our lab on joint experiments. He gave a talk "Near-field optical micromanipulation with cavity enhanced evanescent waves".
Send comments to webmaster
Last modification: 3 Apr 2013